Monday, September 8, 2014

Birthday Bliss

 Today I thought I would take a moment and share the birthday items I made for my daughter's sixth!  We decided on a mermaid theme and had an old-fashioned party at home!  I LOVE planning birthday parties and showers!  I kept our party on a tight budget and spent only about $115 including the food, decor, favors and prizes for games!  I received great feedback from the parents and mermaid guests!  Here are a few pics!
My Little Mermaid

These were the goodie bags!  I got the bags for 50% off at Hobby Lobby so they were about $1.50 for all twelve!

Each was adorned with a beautiful punch art mermaid and filled with treasures from the Dollar Tree!  Cute huh?
Our food was themed too and oh so easy!  Carrot sticks were crab legs, sea cucumbers goldfish, and seaweed made of green grape skewers!  Add some Hawaiian punch for Ocean waves and cupcakes and it made for happy kiddos!
Decor was on clearance at party city so for the hanging sea stars and table skirt I paid $3.50.
My favorite mermaid-the birthday girl-wanted a throne so we grabbed the reading chair from her room as well as her Ariel blanket, threw in some balloons and voila' a throne King Tritan himself would love!
A rousing game of seashell bop-if you got a balloon with a message inside, that mermaid popped her balloon and followed directions-such as squawk and flap your arms like a seagull for a prize!

The ornament punch made for great fishy cupcake toppers-they shimmer too, but that really doesn't show up well in the picture!


We played a few more games and the birthday girl opened her gifts and we all enjoyed a wonderful time!

Let me know if you would like help planning your next parry or  shower!  I can help with the invitations to the thank you cards and everything in between!

Sending Stampin' Smiles-
Simply Shannon



No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Me

shancanstamp@yahoo.com
214-425-3367